Sunday, June 7, 2009

CLASS INFORMATION OR SCOOP

Since I have been at this campus for the spring of 09 and this intersession I have not been able to find much information about courses, instructors, grades expected, sample tests or sample assignments. Do these things exist here? I would appreciate some knowledge in this regard to assess my performance in the two prerequisites so far and my progress in this 422 class. If more creativity is expected or has existed in the past then I would need to put more into that side of the class. I must say that the courses I have taken certainly require a tremendous amount of out of the classroom time and effort. I would like to know if I am putting too much time into the classes if that is the case. As a part-time student I am not able to socialize as much as the full-time students so I do not get the "word". Could someone let me in on it if it exist?

1 comment:

  1. I'll do my best to provide feedback on your work. I'm a little behind in grading though. I'll catch up soon. To this point, I think you've been doing a very good job. You are on your way to getting an A. COE courses typically do not have exams. We value deep thoughts and critical thinking skills. However, since 422 is a prerequisite and many students in this class do not have much teaching experience with K-12 students, I can have lower expectations than in a credential course.

    Actually, a lot of times grades are not a good measure of learning or professionalism. Do you need others to tell you, "yes, you are doing an excellent job!" or "you need to work harder." Won't you establish your own agenda and expectations?

    ReplyDelete